If you have Airpods Pro or Powerbeats Pro you can skip this step. If you have Airpods gen 1 or gen 2 you have to use an iOS device (e.g. iPhone or iPad) to set at least one airpod to play/pause. Optionally you can set one airpod as skip to next. Then you can double tap this airpod to skip song. Last pair airpods to your Android phone.
There are 2 modes to trigger assistant.
- Double tap once to trigger assistant. This is the default mode. "2 consecutive double-tap to trigger assistant" is off.
- Double tap twice to trigger assistant. Turn on "2 consecutive double-tap to trigger assistant" in the setting.
- When no music is playing double-tap airpod triggers assistant
- When music is playing double-tap airpod pauses and then double-tap again would trigger assistant.
- Double-tap once music will resume from the last playback
- Or 2 Double-taps consecutively (within 5 seconds) trigger assistant and ask assistant to start playing music
- Whether music is playing or not 2 double-taps consecutively (within 5 seconds) trigger assistant. E.g. ask assistant for weather
- If you would like to continue music playing double-tap once
- When music is playing double-tap once stops music
- Follow step 1 and 2 above to turn on "2 consecutive double-tap to trigger assistant" in app setting
- Use single squeeze twice to trigger assistant for Airpods Pro. This is different from double squeeze. Basically you single squeeze once and wait until you hear a confirmation sound. Music will play or pause. Then you single squeeze one more time and wait until you hear a confirmation sound. When music plays or pauses you should see assistant gets triggered.