If you have AirPods other than AirPods gen 1 and 2 please skip this step. For AirPods gen 1 or gen 2 you have to use an iOS device (e.g. iPhone or iPad) to set at least one airpod to play/pause. Optionally you can set one airpod as skip to next. Then you can double tap this airpod to skip song. Last pair AirPods to your Android phone.
There are 2 modes to trigger assistant.
- Single squeeze (or double tap if for AirPods gen 2) once to trigger assistant. This is the default mode.
- Single squeeze (or double tap if for AirPods gen 2) twice to trigger assistant. Turn on "2 single squeeze to trigger assistant" in the setting.
- When music is not playing single squeeze airpod triggers assistant
- When music is playing single squeeze airpod pauses and single squeeze again would trigger assistant.
- single squeeze once music will resume from the last playback
- Or 2 single-squeeze consecutively (within 5 seconds) trigger assistant and ask assistant to start playing music
- At any time 2 single squeeze consecutively (within 5 seconds) to trigger assistant. E.g. ask assistant for weather
- If you would like to continue music playing single squeeze once
- When music is playing single squeeze once stops music
- Follow step 1 and 2 above to turn on "2 single squeeze to trigger assistant" in app setting
- Use single squeeze twice to trigger assistant. This is different from double squeeze. Basically you single squeeze once and wait until you hear a confirmation sound. Music will play or pause. Then you single squeeze one more time and wait until you hear a confirmation sound. When music plays or pauses you should see assistant gets triggered.