Currently announcer can speak notifications to your AirPods. You can configure a list of app notifications that announcer will speak when notification comes.
If you turn on "Speak caller phone number" in setting announcer will speak phone number for incoming calls. If you turn on "Speak caller name if in contacts" announcer will look up incoming phone number from your contacts and speak the person name if found a match in contacts.
Before annoucer can speak app notifications there are a couple things that must be configured correctly.
- Go to phone system settings -> Display -> Lock screen display and enable all notification content in lock screen
- Select a list of apps that announcer will speak.
If you don't hear any notification please go to phone settings and search for "text-to-speech" to check if you have any text to speech engine installed. If you don't have any installed please install Google Text-to-Speech from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.tts.
If you don't hear caller id for incoming phone call please do the following steps.
- Go through above step to make sure app notification works. This is to make sure Text-to-Speech engine is working fine on your phone.
- Make sure DND (dont disturb) feature is not turned on.
- Please try to install Google Phone dailer from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer to see if it works.